Who would had thought the bookish scientific method could be used to guide important life choices and develop children to fulfil their potentials? This is the story of Pimchai Chaiyen, a professor of Biochemistry at Mahidol University’s Faculty of Science, who dreamed of becoming a scientist since she was 12. Her love for research, and ambition to apply her knowledge for the benefit of the world, gave her a fearless eye with which she observes, inquires and investigates many of life’s questions and answers. This scientific approach to existence has helped her to better understand herself, the students she have taught and the guidance they need. Professor Pimchai is transforming the image of the scientist – from a person experimenting with things incomprehensible to the public to a humane figure, capable of of assisting our navigation through life.
– Pimchai was awarded the Development and Promotion of Science and Technology Talents Project scholarship from when she was in high-school.
– She graduated with the Bachelor of Science in Chemistry from Prince Songkla University.
– Pimchai received her PhD. in Biochemistry from University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, USA.
– Her research on the structure and function of enzymes has received international recognition.
– Pimchai achieved the Outstanding Researcher Award (Chemical Sciences and Pharmacy Section) from the National Research Council of Thailand in 2012.